Thursday, 14 July 2016

L'OCCITANE REPAIRING SHAMPOO | IS IT WORTH IT?



Recently my hair has been completely dull and dry, to be quite honest it is driving me insane! I don't know what it is but my once sleek and silky long hair has turned into a combination of frizz and split ends. So when Peaches' came home the other day, gifts in hand, and presented me with the L'Occitane repairing shampoo I was so happy. It had only been a day since I had washed my hair and usually I put hair day off as much as I can but this time I jumped straight into the shower because I was so excited to try it. Firstly, I was so shocked at how much shampoo you actually get but then I realised Peaches' had bought the eco refill version. She did this because 1) it is definitely better value for money 2) a few days before I had dropped an expensive shower gel in the shower which caused it to crack and I moaned about it for a LONG time, so I think she was trying to avoid a repeat of that. Anyway, this is the 500 ml size and it cost £20.50, now I know to a lot of people that may not sound a lot of money but being a poor student I think its extortionate, which is why I think I had a lot of expectations for this shampoo.

Firstly, let me start by saying that this shampoo smells incredible, which I feel is a given with L'Occitane anyway. It smells like a spa, its very fresh and natural smelling, and just lovely. Secondly, when I began to work the product into my hair it lathered really well, having said that I have never been one to judge a shampoo by its lathering skill (although its worth mentioning because I know people that do). I found the product was actually a lot thinner than I thought it would be, which made me feel as though I needed a lot of product for it to do anything, especially with my thick mane of hair. As I've been using a lot of this product at a time I have to say it has run out VERY fast. When applying the product to my hair I felt like my hair just sucked it up straight away and it felt very drying. I love a moisturising shampoo as I have such  dry hair but I don't think that this shampoo helped matters at all. When I got out of the shower my hair felt very dry, crispy and knotty. I didn't like the feeling at all! I think I wanted to like this product a lot more than I did and for about a week I tried to convince myself I loved it but I just didn't. Although, the one thing I do love about this product is that my hair smelt amazing for days after using it. The scent lingered in my hair and I think a lot of cheaper brands don't have that effect but other than that it was just not good and it left my hair feeling dry and damaged. Definitely not something I would brand as a repairing shampoo.

So was it worth it? I don't think so, it was extremely disappointing especially considering the hefty price tag. I definitely think I will be sticking to my £1 usual, the Schwarzkopf Supersoft Ultimate Shine Superfruit shampoo. However, if you want to try out the L'Occitane shampoo for yourself, you can purchase it here.

Post a Comment