Thursday, 3 March 2016

5 DESERT ISLAND PRODUCTS

If you were stranded on a desert island and could only take 5 beauty products with you, what would you take with you? 


Ask any beauty blogger, make-up artist or girl for that matter, this question and watch them panic? Honestly try it. Well, I asked myself this and have come up with my 5 desert island beauty products. Bear in mind I haven't included the essentials, that being things such as deodorant or tweezers, because well who wants to read a post about body odour or how hairy I am? No one. So essentials aside here it goes...

BATISTE DRY SHAMPOO
I am forever wondering how the world used to cope without dry shampoo! I can't believe at one time we didn't have dry shampoo's, something which I'm glad my future children will never have to go through. Through the years I have tried and tested numerous different brands but every time I always seem to come back to Batiste. I really don't think any other brand will ever be able to make it as well as they do. It really is a saviour for in-between hair wash days. My hair is extremely thick and curly (well, its more frizzy than curly) so it takes me ages to blow dry and style my hair, which is why I love that this product as it allows me to put hair washing day off a lot longer. Good riddance to my hair school days when I spent 2 hours every night washing and drying my mane!! My favourite scent is the tropical which I find fitting considering its one of my desert island products. But also I just feel like no girl wants to spend every day on a desert island washing her hair in the sea so thats why I'm packing this one with me and I'm all good to go.

RIMMEL LONDON STAY MATTE PRESSED POWDER
I wear this product every day without fail and I honestly don't think there will ever be a time when I won't repurchase this. I'm sure you're sick of reading about this and have read numerous reviews on it so I won't go on about it too much. But for those of you have been living under a rock, this powder is amazing. It sets your make-up really well and stops you getting oily throughout the day. I find it lasts all day long and does a really good job of mattifying your face without making it looking flat and powdery. I also figured that this would be a wise thing to take considering it will be hot on the desert island and I will probably get a little oily (AKA sweaty betty). All in all it's a winner and I couldn't recommend it enough.

BURT BEES ANTI BLEMISH DAILY MOISTURISING LOTION
I have only recently found this product and when I say found I mean my fiancée got it for Christmas and I acquired it from our bathroom. I have never used anything from Burt Bees before this, other than lip balms so I didn't really know what to expect but I absolutely love it. It has a really fresh, honey scent to it which I think smells incredible. As soon as you put it of your skin you can feel it soaking in and you know that its doing some good. It doesn't feel greasy or sticky when you apply it either and I hate when products do that. I suffer really bad dry skin on my chin and nose and I have found this has made quite a big difference. When I wake up in the morning after putting this on my skin feels amazing and so soft. I figured if I was to go to a desert island I have to take some kind of skin care product and I'm loving this one at the minute so thats why I've picked this. 

MAC HONEY LOVE
If you know me at all you would have known this was coming. It's my favourite lip stick of all time and there is no way I could go to a desert island without it. If you want a full review of this product you can read my blog post here but for now here's a little run down...I found this shade when the velvet teddy hype was going on. Every where was sold out of Velvet Teddy so I was looking for a similar shade and that's when I came across this. It's a lot more nude than VT, its a gorgeous rose shade that looks beautiful on the lips. Its also really matte whilst still quite moisturising, I understand matte lipsticks may not be for everyone but I love them. I  also think this shade would also look amazing on any skin tone so when I go all tanned on my desert island I know I can still pull this one off. It's definitely in my desert island make-up kit. 

KENZO AMOUR PERFUME
There's no way I would be going to any island with a scent in my beauty kit. Since I was younger I have always been obsessed with perfumes, this obsession came from my mum who actually collects perfumes (I'm talking  80+ in her collection). When deciding which perfume to include in this post I was torn between this one and my favourite perfume which is Chloe but I think Kenzo is perfect for day and night. It's also a scent that I know I would ever get bored of whereas I do like saving my Chloe perfume for nights out and special occasions. Kenzo is definitely a scent I could wear day to day. This perfume is quite sweet and contains notes such as white tea, vanilla and Frangipani flowers. I wish I was better at explaining this product but it really is a hard one to describe. I do 1000% recommend you go to your local boots and have a sniff however I can't promise you that you won't be going home with it in your shopping bag.

I hope you enjoyed this post and I would love to hear what your 5 desert island products would be?

Post a Comment