Saturday, 2 January 2016

NYE NAILS






Before I start can I just point out the longer you look at pictures of your own hands the more you realise just how weird hands look. Moving on... I love collecting nail polishes, so much so I probably should stop buying them until I go through my ever growing collection and get rid of some. I must admit I don't tend to like any shades that come out in the Spring or Summer. I much prefer the darker Autumnal shades, which is why I tend to stock up in the colder months. One type of polish I always seem to love is the 'not black but looks black' kind of shades, which is probably why I fell in love with this shade when I got it as a gift from the mother in law. This nail polish is by Nails inc. and it's called Victoria. It's a hero shade and I completely understand why, who wouldn't love this on their nails? At a glance it looks black but once in the light you can see tones of purple and red making it perfect for winter. It's described by Nails inc. as a deep cherry and I couldn't have put it better myself. As for the practicality of it, as with every Nails inc. polish the drying time is incredible, they were done in a matter of minutes even after 2 coats. It applied really evenly and looked opaque even after one coat however as a matter of habit I applied 2. I have now had this shade on my nails for nearly a whole week and it is still yet to chip or come off (bear in mind I have my own place so my nails are constantly immersed in water doing the dishes) so I am really impressed. I then applied an accent nail on my ring finger, I always do this just for a little somethin' somethin'. I used another Nails Inc. polish called Chelsea Enbankment. I absolutely love this polish, as I'm used to getting glitter polishes that leave little specks of glitter here and there and take around 4 coats to become opaque, however as soon as I applied this it was completely opaque so I was pleasantly surprised! Once on it feels like foil on your nails, I personally love the texture and wouldn't bother applying a shiny top coat. So that's it folks, my new years eve nails.

What's your favourite nail polish at the minute?

6 comments

  1. Ooo I love your nails! That gold is amazing!

    Jodie @ Jodetopia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely, it is really nice I definitely recommend it! xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, it was such a christmassy nail polish although I wish I could get away with it all year round because I've fallen in love with it xx

      Delete
  3. The gold goes perfect with the purply black colour. Perfect for the party season! x

    www.itsmeganelizabeth.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, such a good combination. xx

      Delete