Thursday, 5 November 2015

I'M ENGAGED!


I have such exciting news to share with you all- as of the 30/10/2015 I am now an engaged woman. I can't explain how happy I am, and of course I said yes! Now it may be a little strange that in my engagement photo's I am dressed as a fortune teller but if read my previous post that may make a little more sense to you. So here's how it happened...

On Friday I was at university in a lecture when I got a text off my girlfriend asking me to hurry home as I had a surprise waiting for me. Me being impatient and a little too eager I decided (not recommended) to skip my last lecture and come home early. I practically ran back home with a big smile on my face, I actually thought I was coming home to some flowers and couldn't wait.What I got was much better, I walked through the door to be given the most beautiful diamond earrings I have ever seen. I had the biggest smile on my face for hours, I couldn't believe Peaches had been out whilst I was at university to buy them. After a lot of thanking and shrieking I got in some comfy clothes, took my make-up off (not the most attractive look) and lay next to Peaches in bed. She turned to me and told me she loved me and then she did it, she said 'Will you marry me?' just like that. I thought she was joking, she tends to ask a lot when she's feeling loved up but this time she said 'honestly I'm being serious'. She  then pulled out a box and I just broke down crying, I couldn't believe it, I practically screamed yes in between a lot of tears. Inside the box lay the most perfect ring I have ever seen, it was just beautiful. I got butterflies and basically hysterically cried (again not the most attractive look). I even managed to set Pea off and she is definitely not a cry-er. The whole moment was very surreal. When we both finally calmed down we both phoned up our parents to tell them, it was actually a nerve racking moment not knowing how they would take it but both our families were over the moon.

We were going to celebrate on our own but we had already made plans to go out for Halloween and didn't want to let anyone down. It is also not particularly awful to spend the night of your engagement celebrating on a night out surrounded by friends, in fact I had an amazing time.I would never have guessed that I would be dressed like that the day of my engagement but the whole day was perfect. I was later told that Pea had actually planned to propose on new years but she'd collected the ring that day from the jewellers and she got too excited to wait until new years. She had no idea that she was proposing that day and neither did I but I wouldn't change it for the world and I am one very happy, lucky lady! 















Thanks for reading, I just couldn't pass on the chance to share such an important, special day and to document it for future reminiscing. But for now I shall proceed with endless hours of scrolling through wedding inspiration on pinterest.

5 comments

  1. Congratulations! That ring is gorgeous :)

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, thats so lovely of you! I love it so much!

      xx

      Delete
  2. Congrats! Wish you both happiness and prosperity :)
    The ring is beautiful by the way!

    Yousra | Mystic Tales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, I have just looked at your blog and I love it!

      Paige xx

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete