Tuesday, 7 April 2015

UNIVERSITY CHECKLIST .


Okay, so I've had a couple weeks off from the blogging world. My excuse- I've simply had no inspiration at all, and I believe that you shouldn't post for the sake of it, instead I post things that I myself would enjoy reading. But you will be happy to know I have some interesting posts lined up for you. Quite honestly though its actually been a nice little break from blogging, I've had a lot of family time with it being Easter and some serious catching up to do at college. In the midst of all the chocolate, essays on William Shakespeare and numerous pyjama days I've also been sorting out university stuff.

I am in my last year at college, having re-taken a year (simply because one was not happy with the B's I got the first time round-MISTAKE on my part). I applied for universities a while ago being the early bird that I am and luckily I got accepted to then all. However, from about the age of 14 I have always wanted to go to The University of Sheffield to study Philosophy and Religion, so that is my firm, followed by Liverpool Hope as my insurance choice. I honestly am so excited for September, to have a fresh start in a new city and flee the nest. Along with the numerous forms and official documents that I have painfully filled out in preparation for university, I have also been doing a little research into what I need to take to with me when September arrives. Being the overly organised person I can assure you that if you are also going to university in September you can use this list and be sure that you have not forgotten a thing. I know this because on one occasion I had 22 tabs open on my browser of other peoples university check lists and I have inspected them all until I came up with the ultimate list that you are very welcome to print out and put in an envelope to gift to your parents. So here goes...

KITCHEN ESSENTIALS

  • Plates, bowls, mixing bowl
  • Cutlery, chopping knives
  • Spatula, serving spoon, wooden spoon
  • Mugs, pint glasses, water bottle
  • Tin opener, bottle opener
  • Washing up liquid, sponge, tea towels
  • Baking tray, casserole dish, oven trays, oven gloves
  • Wok, frying pan, saucepan
  • Measuring jug
  • Sieve
  • Chopping board
  • Tinfoil
  • Tupperware
PRACTICAL
  • Duvet, pillows, mattress sheet, mattress topper
  • Laundry basket, laundry bag, washing powder, fabric conditioner
  • Febreeze, cleaning spray, cloths
  • Stationary, stapler, scissors, hole-puncher, blu-tac 
  • Paper, notepad, pens
  • Bin, bin bags
  • Suitcase
  • Hangers
  • Radiator drying rack
  • Room door hooks
  • Matches
  • Extension lead
TOILETRIES
  • Conditioner, shampoo
  • Hand wash, shower gel, bubble bath
  • Flannel, exfoliating gloves
  • Toothpaste, toothpaste
  • Cleanser
  • Towel
  • Toilet paper
  • Toiletry bag
  • Spray, deodorant 
  • Razors, shaving gel
DECOR
  • Bedding, throw, cushions, blankets
  • Stationary pots
  • Bunting, pictures, posters
  • Rug
  • Fairy lights
  • Decal
  • Photo frame
  • Mirror
  • Plant
  • Lamp
  • Clock
  • Coffee table books
Remember, wherever you end up you won't be in ghost town, so you will be able to buy things once you get there, but if like me you like to be prepared then you can get a head start. I personally think its better to start now, do it bit by bit, that way it won't make such a dent in your purse because home ware can get pretty pricey.

Let me know if you would like anymore university related blog posts such as hall room inspiration or some DIY projects you can do to decorate your new home. 

(Side note: If you live in Sheffield or have ever been, let me know me what it's like and where I should visit)

Post a Comment