Wednesday, 28 January 2015

BYE BYE VELVET TEDDY



It seems just recently the whole world has gone crazy for 'The Kylie Jenner pout', so when speculations were made that she used Mac's Velvet Teddy, they began to fly off the shelves. In actual fact Kim Kardashian has revealed in an interview that her sister actually uses Mac's soar lip liner on her lips. Nevertheless when I strolled into my local Mac store the woman practically laughed in my face when I asked for Velvet teddy and shock horror they were out of stock. The woman in Mac did however advise I get Mac's Honeylovea muted version of VT that offers a more nude/rose tone, which she believed to be the next closest thing to VT.This was a blessing in disguise because this lipstick shade is the most perfect thing I have ever set my eyes on, it also achieves the Kylie Jenner whilst still abiding by my love for nude lips. 

This lipstick is a gorgeous brown-pink nude colour, so it works well with a rose gold or bronze smokey eye, I typically tend to pair it with my Naked 3 palette. It is matte which is my preferred type of lipstick as I think it looks so much more classy and sophisticated. It is common for matte lipsticks to be a bit drying, however this lipstick is quite creamy and I haven't had any problems with it. If I feel my lips are a bit chapped on a particular day I just apply some Vaseline before hand and then put Honeylove over it.The pigmentation of this lipstick is also amazing, its opaque so completely blocks out my naturally pigmented lips.  The staying power for this lipstick is unbeatable, it stays on usually around 6 hours without reapplication. But I do find it never fully survives a meal, once I've eaten I do tend to find it is still there but isn't as opaque. This colour is perfect and can give you that glamorous 90's look. However, it is important to consider your skin tone, I am naturally tanned and so after applying bronzer to my face this lipstick looks fierce, but I could imagine this colour may wash out some paler skin tones. This lipstick retails at the typical £15.50 and I can honestly vow that it is my favourite lipstick I've ever used.

4 comments

  1. the colours is indeed so Kylie, definitely need to get my hands on this :) thanks for sharing

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, yeah it is a beautiful colour, couldn't recommend it enough x

      Delete
  2. It's always good to know that there is an alternative, I bet this one is flying off the shelves as well!

    http://sophielfarrell.blogspot.co.uk/

    sophielfarrell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely especially considering the nightmare us girls are having with velvet teddy being sold out everywhere x

      Delete