Tuesday, 22 July 2014

THE BEST GRADUAL TAN ǀ DOVE SUMMER GLOW REVIEW

A big claim on my behalf I know, but hear me out, I have never really been a fake tan kind of girl as I have an olive complexion anyway, but just recently these milk bottle legs of mine have had me standing out like a sore thumb. I knew my best bet would be a gradual tan as I find they result in a more nautral, even finish, although I haven't had much luck with these in the past either,but when I saw this little beauty all over my bloglovin' feed I knew I had to pick it up and put it to the test. So off I popped to boots, and at a mere £2.49 (absolute bargain) I used my boots advantage card and got it completely free of charge. Firstly, I will point out that next time I purchase one of these, which at this rate will be very soon, I will get the next shade up but at the time they only had this shade in stock. 

Now I have had many products like this in the past and honestly I have been left feeling disappointed, with an uneven colour and orange patches dashed all over my arms I would hide out in my room until it was all scrubbed off. And don't get me started on instant self tanners because they were even worse, instead I just steered clear off all tan products. Thats why this tan is truly magic, I applied one coat and rather than wake up to coffee stain looking marks down my arm, I woke up to this gorgeous natural bronze tan. 

Summer glow is the No.1 selling gradual tan in the UK and I am not surprised by this at all. It keeps skin youthful, hydrated and looking flawless, and if thats not enough it also doesn't leave you with that awful biscuit smell that most self tanners do. It's just so easy to use, you honestly can't go wrong with it, which makes it perfect for beginners. The more often you apply it, it just gets better and better, it doesn't look orange but instead looks a lovely sun-kissed bronze. This is basically a trip to spain for the small price tag of £2.49, whats to grumble at?! 

Another great thing about this product is that it really does avoid that awful sticky feeling as you are waiting for it to soak into you skin. You rub it in circular motions wherever you so wish and then leave it for a minute and TA DA, you are done. Another thing is that this washes off a lot better than any of the high end tans I've ever used, you know what I'm talking about, when you get white circles on the insides of your elbows, well miraculously this doesn't happen which summer glow. With this product you also have a lot of control over the intensity of your tan, you can apply it once for a little boost of glow, or 2/3 times to get a deep bronze tan, you just apply as much as you want depending on what you are after. This self tan is also great for you face, I'm not actually sure if this is recommended but my face looks amazing with this product on, it makes me look as if I've just come back from my holidays. I have never really used a tan on my face as I think it can be quite risky if it turns out a patchy mess, but this looked so natural, and made my makeup look so glowy. I can't recommend this product enough, it really is worth the hype.

This truly if the best gradual tan on the market!


3 comments

  1. I love this gradual tan its lovely :)
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great, so glad to hear there's no biscuity scent as that's what has put me off using products like this!

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing I totally recommend it! x

      Delete