Monday, 7 July 2014

OVER SLEPT MORNING ROUTINE

We all know that whilst getting up early on any weekday isn't pleasurable, Monday mornings always seem to be that little bit more difficult. And so whilst I had plans to be up at 6.30 this morning, I was awoken with the panic emulating from my whole house having over slept. I had 10 minutes to get ready! So here's my guide to getting ready within minutes...




Hair
My motto in life is 'if you make a mistake, pretend it wasn't a mistake' and the same goes for my hair. The likelihood is you wake up with knots galore, and a bushy mane, so make it look like that was your aim. Start off by combing through your locks with a Tangle Teezer, these are a god send when in a rush as they are so quick and easy and will take you around 20 seconds to tackle that nightmare. 

Then use a volumizing brush at the roots of your hair to give it an extra lift. Next take a bobble and put your hair in a high pony. For the final stage get some sea salt spray, my favourite is Toni and Guy's as it works on even my thick hair (it's also super affordable) and spray that through your ponytail, scrunch the ends of your hair to give in an extra beachy look and you are done. In total this should take around 2 minutes at the most.

Makeup
Your best friend here will be multi purpose products, because as we all know painting a face of makeup on yourself is a long task at the best of times. Start off by wiping your face down with a moisturising wipe, I get Shea butter ones from boots which work great. Then use a Primer, although this may seem like an unnecessary step if you are in a rush, it will give you a blank canvas to work on and ultimately that is going to speed up all of the next steps.

 Next you want to grab a high coverage Foundation as this will then eliminate the need for concealer, my favourite drugstore foundation at the minute is Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation. Then set your foundation with a setting powder, at this point I will probably grab for the much raved about Stay Matte powder by Rimmel. Then grab a Bronzer, this will turn your pale skin from drab to fab and make you look so healthy, mine will be the Bourjois Delice de Poudre bronzing powder, use a bronzing brush to do the famous Kardashian 3 technique in order to get that glowing look. I will then lightly dust some Sleek blush in Pixie Pink on my cheeks, but any Blusher will work. Next take a brow pencil and fill in your brows, this will transform your face and make it look like you've actually made an effort, which we both know is not the case. Finally finish off with a bit of mascara, my favourite at the minute is Maybelline's The Falsies and apply some form of lip product, usually in a rush I will use Soap and Glory's Sexy Mother Pucker Extreme Plump XL in pink out loud. You're done, this took me around 5 minutes.

Lastly...
Throw on a quick and easy outfit, some of you may go to school so therefore by now you've had enough practice to be able to put your uniform on in seconds. For sixth form I usually go for a midi dress, as they are comfy and quick, and if I'm in work which I was today then I throw on my uniform. Finally do your teeth, spray your favourite perfume (mine at the minute is Chloe by Chloe) and grab yourself some breakfast for on the go. Then gracefully walk out the door (slightly fast paced since you are late) like you've not committed the worst Monday morning crime possible, that is oversleeping.

How do you tackle your over sleeping disasters?



3 comments

  1. Great post,dear!I'm always in rush ,so this is very helpful:))
    Keep in touch xoxo
    Antonella <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know I'm always forever pressing my snooze button in the morning!
      Thanks for reading :)
      xxx

      Delete